Which is Mine and Which is Martha's??

>> Sunday, May 17


CAN YOU TELL? hehe
Last week while I was working on my computer I had Martha Stewart's show on in the background. I was hardly paying attention until I heard her say that tiramisu was Italian for "pick-me-up"! I absolutely ADORE tiramisu, having done a study abroad program in Rome, and "sampling" the tasty dessert at many restaurants. And then again, when I waited tables at an Italian restaurant for a few months, the cooks learned of my obsession and began saving me any "messed up" pieces of tiramisu! How fitting is it then that I somehow decided to name my shop Pick-Me-Up?! It is truly meant to be!!
So I spent my Sunday afternoon making these cupcakes Martha made on her show. And when I say Sunday afternoon, I mean THE WHOLE AFTERNOON! haha. I'm a very slow cook, more like a chemist carefully measuring each ingredient and bringing it to the proper temperature. But it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon and well worth the anticipation! They may not be genuine tiramisu that you might find in Italy, but I guess that just means that I will have to continue the search;)

3 comments:

Lola May 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

OMG! I was so going to try to make this cupcake. There's a couple ingredients I need to get still...the cheese stuff and the liquor.

Jessica May 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

mmmm, looks yummy!

MyMixMix May 18, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

This looks Soooooooo good. I can identify with being a slow cook, I'm afraid it could take me all weekend.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP