Feeling crafty...

>> Tuesday, August 11

I've been really crafty this past week. Or maybe just really bored... But I've decided to branch out a little with my projects and go back to try some other avenues of craftiness. One of these is knitting. I picked up a free knitting pattern at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago for this cowl and have been itching to try it.When I went to Michael's craft store the other day, I picked up some HEAVENLY yarn by Naturally Caron from the Spa series. It's made with bamboo and feels sooo soft! I absolutely love it. I'm a really slow knitter so it will take me a while. I don't see how the knitters on Etsy make any money, they must be super fast. It'll take me like 200 hours to finish this thing. But I really love the feeling of satisfaction from creating something wearable from a big ball of yarn! We'll see how I go with it, maybe one day I'll expand my Etsy shop to include knitted goods...

I've also been thinking about finishing a painting I started back in college! I wish my camera wasn't broken or I'd post a picture. It was a semester-long project for a watercolor class, and we had to start by carefully drafting a building we liked- I chose an old barn that always caught my eye. So I drafted it, careful not to leave out a single detail, and then started watercoloring it. We had to use painfully diluted paints so it was literally taking forever. No one in the class finished. But now I really really want to buy some new brushes and paints (I lost all my old ones in college). Hopefully I'll finish it one of these days!

3 comments:

Audrey August 12, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

The cowl looks great!! It's a long time till winter so you have lots of time to get it done!!
I really need to start painting again too.

Angela August 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

That is really a beautiful cowl! If you start now...you can have it done by winter :)

I am thinking of taking an acrylic painting class. I need to change my routine up a bit. My creativity is suffering.

Oh and LOL about the spammy comments. I left him a spammy comment right back!

Michele Mallory-Davidson August 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Loving the cowl! You'll have to post a picture when you're done!
I wish I could paint! You should finish your painting if you are feeling the urge. I always imagine that painting would be so relaxing.
Hope you have a great weekend!
~Michele from By Your Side

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP